Newcastle’s Tusk Festival is quickly becoming one of the “must attend” events of the year. With a line-up including Pelt, Gate, Cian Nugent and Keiji Haino, to name but a few, it’s eclectic grouping of experimental musicians and groups is rarely matched in the UK.
With the festival a mere two weeks away (tickets still available on their website), we’ve asked the organisers to put together a mix to reflect the line-up and cherry pick some of their standout noises.
On a related note, Joseph Burnett caught up with the Michael Morley from Gate last week, and that interview can be seen here.
1. Gate – Forever
2. Part Wild Horses Mane On Both Sides – Grapes Engraved
3. Pelt – Crown Of Comets
4. Tanja Orning & Hild Sofie Tafjord – Live at Bla, Oslo
5. Fushitsusha – Track 4 (from Fushitsusha (2))
6. Sylvester Anfang II – Jam 1 (from Latitudes Session)
7. Hieroglyphic Being – Apple
8. NHK’Koyxen – 55 (spliced in two by Pain Jerk & Kohei Gomi – Aufheben)
9. BugBrand – SYN2C – 2nd Demo Sequenced Quantization
10. Cian Nugent – Grass Above My Head