Trouble Books, the duo of Keith Freund and Linda Lejsovka, released their third LP Concatenating Fields on Monday and was featured in our Minimals post that very day. We asked Keith if he’d put a mix together exploring some of the influences on the album and he came back with this:
We decided not to get too wonky or crunchwrapped on this, instead highlighting some specific sounds that we feel either directly sired or are close cousins with our new album. This mix uses a lot of synthesized sounds that are often heavily processed or pretty tightly sequenced, but all feel very homely and emotive somehow, for those 3 – 10 AM moods.
1. Nuno Canavarro – (untitled)
2. So – b
3. Peter Gabriel – Curtains
4. Philip Glass – Etoile Polaire (North Star)
5. Conrad Schnitzler – Ballet Statique
6. Cocteau Twins – Fifty-Fifty Clown
7. Cluster – Marzipan
8. Eurythmics – This City Never Sleeps
9. The Durutti Column – Portrait for Frazer
Photo by Valerio Berdini.